Safety Training & Evaluation Process
STEP - Merit Based Safety Recognition for the Merit Shop!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond/Platinum or request additional certificates), and your responses are strictly confidential.
Safety is Priority-with STEP, You Can Improve It
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) - CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates
2017 STEP Application is Now Available!
Click Here to complete the online form.
To download the PDF version, Click Here
and send the completed application along with your company's OSHA 300A log to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Please be sure to complete the drug and alcohol free safety pledge online at: www.drugfreeconstruction.com
, as it is a requirement for completing the STEP application.
STEP applications are available in January and are accepted until the end of the business day, Friday June 30th
for 2017. In addition to a press release, STEP award certificates for Bronze; Silver; Gold; Platinum; and Diamond levels will be distributed to all members who achieve the appropriate levels.
Do you have any questions about the STEP application? Please contact Michael Krebsbach
as we would be happy to help you through the process.