Workforce Development Committee
Mission Statement: To create and maintain a strong, ongoing relationship between area high schools, colleges, other educational organizations, and ABC member companies that will result in our ability to recruit, train, and retain the best employees for the present and future workforce of the construction and contracting industries.
Workforce Development Committee Members:
Delaware Valley Region:
- Stephen Nelson – The H & K Group ……………………. (committee chair)
- Anna Marie D’Alessio – Klover Contrcating ………… (vice chair)
- Aimee Boyd – Tri-M Group
- Jennifer Sauers – Worth and Company
- Lisa O’Connor – H & K Group
- Lisa Rosenberger – Crivello Electric
- Martin Sulecki – Zebby Sulecki Inc.
- Mike Pieson – The Tustin Group
- Samantha Herbein – Allan Myers, Inc.
- Shane Stein – Landtech Enterprises
- Tom McHale – The How Group
- Amy Delellis – Central Montco Tech HS
- Marilyn Reese – Upper Bucks County Technical School
- Barry King – Insight Charter Schools
- Carol Bucci – Colonial School District
- Christine Bronson – Orleans Technical College
- David Livengood – Pottstown HS
- Denise Collins – North Montco Tech CareerCenter
- Emily Evans – UBCTS
- Jeannie Hagan – Hatboro-Horsham School District
- Jill Stolzfus – Chester County Intermediate Unit
- Kathleen Candelo – MontcoWorks
- Kelsey Turk – Williamsons College
- Kyle Longacre – Montco Intermediate Unit
- Mike Young – Norristown Area School District
- Ralph Herge – Chester Correctional Facility
- Stephen Nelson – The H & K Group ………. (committee chair)
- Jason Zellner – Jerdon
- Barry Heckman – RL Reppert
- Martin Zulecki – Zebby Sulecki, Inc.
- TO BE DETERMINED
Workforce Development Committee Projects
ABC Co-Op Program – a partner project with our ABC Alliance Schools to increase the participation of ABC employers in a paid Co-Op agreement with qualified high-school students.
ABC Re-Entry Program – a collaboration between all ABC Chapters in Pennsylvania and the Department of Corrections to develop a program to identify qualified inmates studying construction trades in a correctional institution and connect them with ABC employers. The goal is to remove of reduce the amount of time between a person’s release date and becoming gainfully employed.
Virtual Job-Site Visits / Classroom Presentations – videos of current ABC apprentices or recent grads working on their employers’ jobsites. These will be shown in our Alliance School classrooms on our Zoom platform hosted by employer representative and ABC Workforce Committee member.
Philadelphia Facility / Training Program – In partnership with Ligouri Academy, ABC is rebuilding a portion of the school as a Training Center to deliver apprenticeship training and employment with an ABC employer to people in the Philadelphia community.
Other on-going annual projects – Career Night, Construction Fair, Parent Night, Alliance Planning Dinner – possibly virtual for 2020-21 school year.
The ABC Alliance for Careers in Construction
A partnership between ABC Eastern Pennsylvania and area schools, training organizations and other applicable organizations. This group is designed to create a connection between education and industry, providing clear career paths for interested students as well as a pipeline of qualified employee for ABC members.
Alliance Partner Schools (some of these also serve on our Workforce Development Committee)
- Upper Bucks County Technical School
- Souderton Area High School
- Methacton High School
- Central Montco Technical Career center
- Pottstown High School
- Mercy Vocational High School
- Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
- Chester County Intermediate Unit
- Norristown Area School District
- Roosevelt School
- Pottstown Area YWCA
- Williamsons College of the Trades
- Eastern Center for Technical Studies
- Western Center for Technical Studies
- Bucks County Technical High School
- Hatboro-Horsham School District
- Middle Bucks Institute of Technology
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
- Colonial School District
- Lehigh Career and Technical Institute
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School
- Monroe Career and Technical Institute
- Orleans Technical College
Alliance / Workforce Development Videos Available from Mark Tyler – firstname.lastname@example.org