The following provided by member, Allan Myers:
In monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding appropriate guidelines related to the transmission of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Given how quickly the global situation is evolving the CDC recommends taking regular preventive actions to help minimize the spread of this and other respiratory illnesses including the following:
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and commercial doors.
- Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!