- This event has passed.
Construction Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills
November 13, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$200.00 – $300.00
The ability to solve complex problems is an essential skill that a construction project manager must possess when entering the architecture, engineering, and construction industry. Such ability requires a mixture of problem-solving skills, composed of lower and higher-order thinking skills, which include the ability to develop and evaluate construction plans and manage the execution of such plans.
This course will help construction supervisors identify problems and how they occur and learn techniques for solving them in the construction industry. Supervisors will learn how to use the decision making process, how to use tools to solve problems in a lean manner, and the important considerations to take into account.
Following this course, you will be able to:
- Define the difference between traditional and lean problem solving.
- Describe how to create a team environment to solve problems.
- Describe Observation Walks.
- Identify root causes of problems.
- Identify human performance problems
- Implement the problem identification and decision making processes
- Effectively production plan
- Effectively manage labor costs and subcontractors
- Understand the production process improvement process and project-wide applications
- Effectively manage risks, emergencies, and crisis situations
SIMULCASTING THIS LIVE TRAINING TO YOUR COMPUTER IS AN OPTION – IN ORDER TO DO SO, PLEASE SELECT WHEN REGISTERING
Cancellation Policy: Registration is financially binding unless cancelled 1 week prior to the date of the class/event.
Read ABC East's Payment and Refund Policy