- This event has passed.
Market Based Estimating, Bidding, and Proposing
December 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$300.00 – $400.00
Learn how to increase your share of profitable work and decrease the chance of being the low bidder on unprofitable jobs. Invest yourself at our Market Based Estimating, Bidding, and Pricing seminar and we will show you the techniques you need to improve your current results.
Pricing, Bidding and Selling: Myths and Mysteries
• Low Bidder Mentality
• Hit Rates / Margins and Bottom Lines
• Labor is the key
• What is a good job?
• Target Marketing Process
• Counting it
Profit Budgeting and Costs
• Cost is Key
• Capturing Cost Data
• Bottom Up Budgeting
• Overhead Allocation per Department
Overhead Recovery: A Real World Approach
• What is Overhead
• What generates Overhead
• Banking Data
• Application of the Right Cost
• Allocation of Overhead to Labor vs. Material
• Proof and Testing
Pricing by Project Size
• Economies of Large and Small Projects
• Cost / Pricing
• Overhead and Allocation to Large / Small
• Profit Margin
• Factors that decrease and increase price
• Who is your competition
• Gates Model 1 and 2
• Taking advantage of luck
• Leave less money on table
• Real world sales model
• What financially successful contractors do differently
• What are the habits of the top 25% of all estimators
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS SEMINAR
• Determine your installed cost
• Budgeting techniques that give you the cost and profit picture
• Find which projects are most profitable for you.
• Determine the best jobs with your best chances
• Overhead and overhead recovery
• Adjust your price based on project size
• Understand competitor’s bidding behavior
• Comprehend competitive / risk factors to consider in each project
• Market to your best profit opportunity.
• Understand selling processes based on value not low price.
Who Should Attend
Market Based Estimating, Bidding and Proposing Strategy is designed for anyone involved with pricing, bidding or selling jobs including Executives; Project Managers; Estimators; and Business Development Persons. If you are a contractor looking to acquire better work, then this seminar is for you.
*Participants are Provided Lunch
Instructor: Dr. Matt Stevens (Stevens-Day Construction Institute, Inc.)
Instructor Bio: Dr. Matt Stevens is an owner and management adviser with Stevens-Day Construction Institute, Inc. which works exclusively with construction contractors. Stevens has been advising since 1994 and his industry experience spans over 35 years.
In addition to receiving his Doctorate from the University of Florida, he has authored two industry books; Managing a Construction Firm on Just 24 Hours a Day and The Construction MBA. Matt’s advising work focuses on Strategic Planning, Business Evaluations, Best Practices, and Productivity.
Cancellation Policy: Registration is financially binding unless cancelled 1 week prior to the date of the class/event.
Read ABC East's Payment and Refund Policy