- This event has passed.
Understanding HR & Employment Laws
December 8, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$125 – $200
Whether you’re a recently appointed HR manager, are new to HR or have a non-HR job with HR responsibilities, this course can give you the know-how you need. Understand essential HR functions and learn to develop an action plan to put to work in your organization.
This comprehensive seminar delivers a modern view of HR’s role and will educate you and give you an opportunity to practice your skills in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Legal responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition (Recruiting)
- Talent Assessment (Performance Management and Diversity)
- Talent Development (Coaching and Leadership Development)
- Talent Measurement (Compensation) and much more!
What We Will Cover
- Effective Hiring Processes
- Using Assessments as a Hiring Tool
- Interviewing Applicants
- Establishing Performance Planning
- Instilling a Culture of Coaching
- Effective Employee Discipline Plans
- Terminate Employment Using Documentation
- Promote Employee Feedback and Input
- Developing Job Descriptions
- Complying with State and Federal Employment Laws
- Reviewing Payroll Policy
- Employee Benefits
- Preparing an Employee Handbook
- Developing Policies and Procedures
Cancellation Policy: Registration is financially binding unless cancelled 1 week prior to the date of the class/event.
Read ABC East's Payment and Refund Policy